Well, it has been quite a while since we lasted posted...but I have a new mid-October goal to blog more often especially with all the exciting news we have!
As I'm sure everyone already knows we are expecting our first baby on January 6th! I'm about 30 weeks along and looking very large! The pregnancy has gone fairly well, not that I really have anything to compare it to. The first few months were a little rough as I was sick most of the time and now I"m getting to the stage where I feel really squished all the time, but besides that everything has been wonderful! I don't mind the squashed feeling too much though because now I can feel (and see!) just about every move he makes, which I absolutely love! Justin thinks I'm crazy because every time I feel a big kick I begin watching my stomach because I just know another one is coming and I have to see it. My favorite thing is watching my stomach do the wave! Justin has gotten used to all the movements now so he doesn't find it all that exciting, but you should have seen the look on Landon's face when he saw my stomach do the wave last weekend! It was priceless!
The first full week in October we went to North Carolina for a family vacation with the Hendricks. It was a lot of fun and a much needed break from the everyday! We stayed at a beach house, which was amazing...and we were able to spend most of our days at the beach. We had quite the adventure on Monday of that week, when Justin went swimming with his glasses on..in the ocean. Needless to say as soon as the waves hit him it was bye, bye glasses! He had run out of contacts a few weeks prior and decided that he liked wearing glasses, so without any contacts or glasses he was completely blind! We called our insurance and they gave us the name of a few doctors in the area who were providers with our insurance, and we found one that could fit us in that day. However, when we showed up it turned out they weren't providers with our insurance....but we had no other choice so we forked over $200 for an out-of-network eye exam. The office we went to was really nice and helpful and we actually ended up purchasing contacts and glasses from them. They were having a really great sale and he needed them anyway, but it was definitely one crazy (and expensive) adventure! I think we learned two valuable lessons from this experience: #1 no swimming with glasses on, #2 always have a back up plan--in our case either two pair of glasses or 1 pair of glasses and 1 pair of contacts, especially when you leave home. or at least be prepared to fork over the dough if something goes wrong! The rest of the vacation went without any major complications, unless you count sunburns!
Returning back to school after our vacation was a bit rough since we didn't really do any homework the entire week, but it was well worth it! School this year is going pretty good for both of us so far. Justin is about to start doing research with one of his professors in the next few weeks, which he is really excited about and I am gearing up for a semester off to be with the baby.
Life is wonderful and we couldn't be happier! Till next time...
Brittany
Hooray! You finally blogged! I'm so proud of you :)
ReplyDelete