 |
| 6 weeks! |
Well the last time we made a blog post was nearly a year ago. It has been a great year for our family. We've had a lot big changes and had a lot of fun along the way. The biggest change has definitely been our family growing from 3 members to 4! We found out we were pregnant just after we got home from St. Augustine last year. It turned out I biked over 80 miles 5 weeks pregnant!
 |
| First horse ride |
One of the nice couples we know from Gainesville own a bunch of horses outside of town and they invited Jackson and I to come out and meet the horses. Jackson had a great time feeding and petting the horses. He even got to ride one of the horses!
 |
| Halloween 2012 |

Halloween was next on the list and Jackson was dying to be Mega Mind. I was pretty proud of myself for making his costume. I'm not a skilled sewer, but I was able to make his cape and I painted his pants and shirt and glued on about 100 rhinestones! He had a lot of fun trick-or-treating, although I made his costume for a cold climate so he was sweating like crazy all night. He actually still wears this costume around the house on a weekly basis. It was definitely worth the effort.
 |
| 20 week photo |
In mid December we were able to get our 20 week ultrasound where we found out Mitchell was a "he." The morning of the ultrasound we asked Jackson if we thought we were going to have a baby girl or a baby boy. He then proceeded to tell us that we were actually having a "monster." Once we were at the ultrasound and the tech pulled up a picture of the baby, Jackson yelled out, "look!! It is a monster!!" I guess he didn't enjoy the 3-D rendering. I must admit, it is a little freaky looking though.

Sometime near Christmas Karin and Tawnya came to visit us. We had a wonderful visit, went to see the alligators, and even had some of Satchel's famous pizza. Jackson loved playing with his aunts.
 |
| ~Happy 3rd Birthday Jackson~ |
 |
| He wanted jello instead of birthday cake |
 |
| Best party ever |
Jackson had a fantastic birthday. He had a Toy Story Themed party at the park on January 19th and the weather was fabulous--living in Florida is amazing. He had a lot of fun playing with his friends and got so many toys we're still trying to figure out where to keep them all.
We had a mardi gras party and got gerbils!! Jackson was so excited to get pets and they are living plump and happy in our living room.
Easter was a happenin' place in Gainesville. There were so many egg hunts and Jackson loved riding this blue train. We went to 3 or 4 egg hunts in the area, at one egg hunt they even dropped eggs from a helicopter! It was a lot of fun.

This photo was taken after my water broke, just a few hours before Mitchell was born.
There's my beautiful boy.
 |
| Meeting Daddy |
 |
| Jackson was so excited to meet his little brother. |
We signed Jackson up for t-ball this summer and Justin got roped into being the coach. Justin did a fantastic job of coaching the kids. Jackson had a hard time sharing his Dad with all the other kids, but still had fun playing.
|
We've spent lots of time swimming and even some time at the beach. Jackson loves playing in the sand.
 |
| They worked forever on this castle. |
 |
| I love this picture of Jackson. |
I started EMT classes in May and graduated in August. I had a great time this summer learning all about emergency medical care. I really enjoyed all my classes and really miss going to class every night. I had a lot of fun on my clinicals and was able to see a lot of really amazing things.
Things are going great for us and the boys are both growing up so fast. Mitchell is already rolling over, it is amazing how mobile he is already. He's been eating solids on and off and is a really happy baby. He is so smiley and is really fun to be around. Jackson is starting preschool this week. I can't believe how grown-up he is. He is excited for school to start and can't wait to meet all his new classmates. Justin is finishing up the first draft of his Master's project as I type and is off to a good start this semester. I'm currently studying to take my EMT state exam and hope to be able to take it in the next couple of weeks.
Life is great!!
No comments:
Post a Comment