
I don't typically spend a lot of time making Jackson animal shaped food, but I found this idea in a parenting magazine the other day and just couldn't help myself. It was super simple and to be honest it didn't take anymore time to prepare then our usual breakfast of oatmeal. All I did was slice an orange into rings, cut them in half and arrange on the plate. For the strawberries I just cut them in half and cut a triangle out of the top so they looked like hearts. The owl face is made out of a muffin. I made these delicious muffins (you should seriously try these, they are super yummy and actually healthy) & cut the top off for the face. I cut two small triangles out of the rest of the muffin for ears. The eyes and nose are made from two slices of banana and the strawberry triangles left over from the hearts. It was really fun to make and took about 5 minutes (minus the time for making the muffins of course). Jackson also had a lot of fun eating them.
![]() |
| This was his face when I first gave it to him. |
![]() |
| This was him pointing out what all the different body parts were made of. |
![]() |
| I ate his eyes! |
![]() |
| I think it was a success! (especially since he'd already eaten an entire muffin before I gave him this plate) |




What a fun idea!
ReplyDelete